Located in the heart of campus, Gilbert Hall provides upperclassmen with a living choice in close proximity to arts, engineering, and business classes. This newly renovated residence hall maintains its traditional charm while featuring modern amenities that students desire.
- Upperclassmen environment for juniors and seniors or anyone at least two full years out of high school
- Centrally located; convenient to arts, engineering, and business classes
- Gilbert All You Care to Eat Dining
- The East Side Café, proudly serving Starbucks®
- Beds at junior loft height or can be fully lofted
- Each floor has a quiet lounge and an open lounge
- Laundry facilities
- Air conditioning and heating
- NIU Wireless and a wired broadband/Ethernet connection in student rooms
- NIU Wireless in all lounges and public spaces
- Large outdoor patio
- Gilbert Hall Fitness Room
- Lounge with lab workstations, a television, and table games (room 109)
Gilbert's double rooms are equipped with two beds, desks, chairs, closets, dressers, and a window. Closets have a locking drawer. Floors are artificial hardwood laminate.
There are reserved spaces for Gilbert residents in lot 2/E (see map). Residents who are physically handicapped and need a reserve space can make arrangements for parking on Gilbert Road closer to Gilbert Hall. Learn more about parking.
Housing & Dining
101 Neptune East
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
Phone: (815) 753-1525