- About Us
- Involvement & Services
- Programs & Events
- Awards & Scholarships
- Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- LGBT A-Z
- Contact Us
- LGBT Resource Center Home
Awards & Scholarships
Northern Illinois University is proud to offer several types of recognition for leadership, talent, dedication, support, and achievement on behalf of the LGBT community.
Our awards and scholarships offer opportunities to:
- recognize and encourage leadership, dedication, and commitment to social justice and equality on behalf of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender;
- recognize and encourage talent in expressing one’s ideas and experiences related to LGBT identity;
- honor and celebrate the goal of creating a society which accepts and values people who are LGBT;
- make individuals' positive contributions to the LGBT community visible to the wider community;
- recognize achievements and contributions which might otherwise go unnoticed.
Please use the links to the left to learn detailed information about our awards and scholarships.