More than 40 intramural sports and activities for men's, women's and co-recreational leagues are offered fall and spring semesters. Leagues include Greek, Independent and Organizational plus division offerings of “A” (competitive play) and “B” (recreational play). A league normally lasts four weeks with opportunity to advance to playoffs. When a team is registered, the captain chooses the league and division (day/time) the team will play throughout that semester. Tournament play is generally one, two or three days long with a single/double elimination bracket. Special events are sports/activities which are competitive, but not set up in a league schedule or in a playoff bracket.
Whether you were a varsity star, a fifth-string quarterback, or never participated in a sport, the Intramural Sports program is the perfect way to be active and involved, meet new people and have fun! Students also officiate and supervise the activities. Officials are employed regardless of previous experience, and participate in training clinics and staff evaluations to help them constantly improve their abilities. Supervisors are trained to handle game conflicts and answer questions participants have regarding rules, policies, procedures, and program information.
Intramural Sports is now accepting applications for officials, Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Pick up/drop off applications at the Campus Recreation Center front desk. No experience necessary, work-study preferred. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact:
Laura Kucik, Coordinator of Competitive Sports
Become an Official
Join the officiating team to gain leadership experience and get involved in the campus community. Officiating is a great way to earn extra money while expanding your knowledge of various sports’ rules and regulations. Hours are flexible and officials choose the sports they want to officiate. Previous experience is not necessary. Officials are eligible and encouraged to play even if they officiate. Campus Recreation currently employs more than 45 officials in six sports. To become an official:
- Pick up/drop off an application from the Student Recreation front desk
Visit our employment page for more specific job descriptions and Campus Recreation student employment information.
Events and Fees
Events and fees subject to change. Don't forget to buy your league pass!
Walk in's welcome at free tournaments!
|Leagues||Team Fee||Registration Deadline||Season Dates||Minimum Number|
Players per Team
|4on4 Flag Football||$60||3/14||3/20-4/20||3|
|Tournaments||Team Fee||Registration Deadline||Play Date||Minimum Number|
Players per Team
|Special Events||Team Fee||Registration|
|Play Dates||Minimum Number|
Players per Team
|NCAA Bracket Challenge||Free||TBD (start of first NCAA tournament game)||-||1|
|Powerlifting Competition||Free||Contact Sharon Moskowitz at email@example.com for more information.|
All Intramural participants are required to:
- Create an account/team on IMLeagues.com
- Submit payment at the Student Recreation Center Front Desk by the 2nd week of play! (You must do both in order for your team to play)
Create an IMLeagues Account
- Go to IMLeagues.com and click Create Account .
- Enter your information using NIU email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), then click Submit.
- You will be sent an activation email. Click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
- You should automatically be joined to your school. If not, search schools by clicking the Schools link.
*Note: IMLeagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages, please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
Sign Up for a Sport
- Go to IMLeagues.com and login to your account.
- Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your homepage.
- Click on the sport you wish to join (current sports will be displayed).
- Choose the league you wish to play in (Men’s, Women’s, Co-Rec, etc.)
- Choose the division you would like (Monday 5:00 p.m., Tuesday 5:00 p.m., etc.)
Join a team one of three ways:
Create A Team (for Captains)
- Captains can invite members to their team by clicking Invite Members on the team page.
- Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to the team.
- If already registered on IMleagues.com, search for their name and invite them. If they aren't registered on IMLeagues, scroll down to Invite by Email Address box and input their email address.
Join A Team
- Use the Create/Join Team button at the top right of every page.
- 2. Accept a request from the captain to join his/her team or find the team captain’s name on the division/league page and request to join.
Join As A Free Agent
List yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you'd like! You will be visible to all site members and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself; so teams can request to add you to their team.
- 5on5 Basketball
- 12" Softball
- 4on4 Flag Football
- Flag Football
- Floor Hockey
- Indoor Soccer
- Outdoor Soccer
Huskie Cup Standings
The point system is introduced to encourage participation in Intramural Sports.
If you have questions or need additional information on the Points Race, contact the Coordinator of Competitive Sports.
|Phi Kappa Theta||638.5|
|Phi Kappa Psi||662|
|Alpha Phi Omega||168|
Intramural Sports is offering a League Pass for those organizations and teams who play in every sport, offered during the academic year (fall and spring). The annual League Pass would offer a discounted rate for eight (8) sport leagues and four (4) tournaments. The League Pass is valid for one team registration.
Annual League Pass includes: $486.00 or 8 monthly payments of $60.75, or 4 monthly payments of $121.50, or 2 monthly payments of $243.00
|Flag Football||5 on 5 Basketball||Sand Volleyball Tournament|
|Volleyball||Dodgeball||3 on 3 Basketball Tournament|
|Indoor Soccer||Floor Hockey||4 on 4 Flag Football Tournament|
|Softball||Outdoor Soccer||Softball Tournament|
Additionally, the League Pass is available for the fall and spring semester separately. A payment plan is available: eight (8) equal payments for an annual pass, or four (4) equal payments for a fall or spring Pass.
Fall League Pass includes: $265.00 or 4 monthly payments of $66.25, or 2 monthly payments of $132.50
|Flag Football||Volleyball||Indoor Soccer|
|Softball||Sand Volleyball Tournament||3 on 3 Basketball Tournament|
Spring League Pass includes: $265.00 or 4 monthly payments of $66.25, or 2 monthly payments of $132.50
|5 on 5 Basketball||Dodgeball||Floor Hockey|
|Softball Tournament||4 on 4 Flag Football Tournament||Outdoor Soccer|
League Passes can be purchased online or at the Member Services desk beginning August 24.