Huskie Fit Club
Get fit with friends! This group training program will help you get on the right track to leading a healthy lifestyle. Open to all students and members, the workouts are led by a certified personal trainer and vary from high to moderate intensity. Huskie Fit Club meets twice a week in Court 2 at the Student Recreation Center. Receive individual attention from a trainer and support from your fellow Huskie Fit Club members while reaching your fitness goals!
If you have a group of 3-6 people with a preferred meeting time, we can schedule your own Huskie Fit Club! Contact Leanne Kulchawik at LKulchawik@niu.edu to sign up.
- High energy interval workouts
- Training from a dedicated, experienced certified personal trainer
- Camaraderie with fellow Huskie Fit Club members
- Nutrition education
- Weekly exercise routines tailored to your needs
- Pre and post fitness assessments to track improvement
Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00-8:00 PM
The first session will be on January 31, 2017
Duration and Prices
- 12-Week: Student: $175; Member: $200 (includes 5 Nutrition Coaching sessions) *Registration ends January 30
- 6-Week: Student: $125; Member: $175 (includes 3 Nutrition Coaching sessions) *Registration ends February 20
* We must have at least 3 paid participants registered in order for sessions to run. If we do not meet that requirement, those who have paid will be refunded.
- Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Students can also charge their Bursar's account.
- Payment required upon sign-up. Cash or check payments are completed in person at the Rec Center Front Desk.
- Once payment and paperwork are received, a trainer will contact you within two business days.
- Sessions last about one hour.
- Trainers are obligated to wait 15 minutes for clients to arrive. After that time, the session will be lost. Late starting sessions, end one hour from original appointment time.
- Personal Training and Huskie Fit Club refunds are not given for missed appointments or cancellation/reschedules, less than 12 hours in advance.
- Refunds are honored for documented medical conditions occurring after the time of purchase.
- Other refund requests will be reviewed, and require substantial reasons for request.
- Refund request forms are at the Rec Center front desk. Once submitted with appropriate documentation, a refund will be given. Campus Recreation processes completed requests within four business days of receipt.
- Written physician documentation for medical conditions must be provided at the time of submission.
- Approved medical-related refunds will be given; though sessions used prior to the medical occurrence, will be deducted from original purchase.
- Refund requests for reasons other than a medical condition can be documented on a refund request form, with written or typed statements attached. Non-medical refund requests will be reviewed by the Coordinator of Fitness/Wellness. Patrons are notified of decisions within five business days.