Student Psychological Association (SPA)
Join the NIU SPA on Facebook
SPA is a student-run organization that provides skills and experience to undergraduate students interested in the study of psychology. Through volunteering, exposure to professional research and interaction with faculty, SPA gives its members a taste of what the study of psychology involves. Membership in the SPA is open to all majors (freshman through seniors). More information about SPA can be found on the bulletin board across from the 1st floor elevators in the Psychology building.
Prospective Psi Chi members must have taken at least 9 credit hours worth of Psychology coursework at NIU and they must maintain at least an overall GPA of 3.0 and a Psychology GPA of 3.25. Meetings are held every other week and information about the schedule of upcoming events and meetings is posted on the Psi Chi bulletin board located in the lobby of the Psychology building.
We are very proud of our students for their accomplishments and are proud to feature our active student organization, the School Psychology Student Organization in (SPSO-NIU), a local, NIU chapter of the APA Division 16 (School Psychology) student organization (SASP).
- SPSO-NIU holds planning meetings once a month
- Provides informational and emotional support for fellow students
- Plans social events for students and faculty
- Secures and maintains professional resources for students
- Hosts professional development events such as “Inservice Day” each spring
- Is a wonderful source of fun and professional camaraderie for our students