Visitor and Temporary Permits
- Visitors have the option to purchase a daily or weekly visitor permit online, using the AIMS (Automated Issuance Management System) permit purchase system. The fee for the visitor permit will be based on the length of time the permit is needed.
- There is a visitor pay lot on Carroll Avenue, just west of the NIU parking garage, which operates Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- There are also parking meters and pay stations located throughout campus. Pay stations are located at the Student Recreation Center, Anderson Hall, and the Campus Life Building.
- Visitor permits may also be purchased at Campus Parking Services during the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. The fee for the visitor permit will be based on the length of time the permit is needed: daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Departments may also pre-purchase visitor parking permits for their guests. The host department is responsible for making prior arrangements with Campus Parking Services or for informing their guests that there is a daily parking fee.
- Temporary permits may be issued to any employee or student who has a reasonable need for a short-term permit.
- The fee for the temporary permit will be based upon the length of time that the permit is needed: daily, weekly, or monthly.
- If you have a valid NIU color-coded parking permit (sticker or hang tag) but you forgot to bring your parking permit to campus with you, you may receive a temporary permit for the day at no charge at Campus Parking Services
See permit rates for visitor and temporary parking rates.
121 Normal Road
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.