121 Normal Road
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Parking Enforcement for the 2018/2019 Holiday Period:
- December 16-23, 2018: All parking regulations will be enforced.
- December 24, 2018-January 1, 2019: NIU parking permits are not required on campus. Exception: NIU reserved space permits are required in the appropriate reserved parking spaces, even when the university is closed. Parking regulations that will be enforced during the holiday closure period include the following: reserved parking, no parking zones (including fire lanes), handicapped spaces, and parking lots that are enforced at all times. Parking lots that are enforced at all times are identified on the parking map as having a black square around the parking lot number.
- January 2, 2019: All parking regulations will be enforced.
- Faculty/Staff/Student Spring Permits: will be available online and in office beginning Monday December 10, 2018. Please note there is a $10 additional fee for purchasing your permit in office.
- Changes in Payroll Deductions: with the exception of motorcycle permits, faculty/staff permit payments may be made as an after tax payroll deduction. Pre-tax payroll deductions are no longer offered as a payment option. Payments may be deducted over as many as 12 pay periods depending on the permit purchased.
- License Plate Updates: do you need to change or update your vehicle information on your NIU parking permit? Students and Faculty/Staff are now able to update their vehicle information online, 24 hours a day using the AIMS parking system.
- City's Safe Streets program: street parking will no longer be available and overnight parking is banned in certain neighborhoods. Learn how DeKalb parking ordinances may affect you.
Construction on I-88 will impact DeKalb exits. See if this work affects your route to campus.
New DeKalb parking ordinances to affect NIU students. Learn about which neighborhoods are affected and how to get a permit.