Northern Illinois University’s Center for P-20 Engagement collaborates with internal and external partners to provide leadership and promote innovation by fostering interdisciplinary learning communities and initiatives which increase educational success.
The STEAM team offers a wide variety of professional development opportunities. From conferences and workshops to custom designed experiences on location, we can work with you to STEAM up your students’ learning.
- Hands-On STEAM Workshops
- On site coaching and co-teaching
- Virtual coaching
Several offerings can be delivered at your school or location as a single-day or multi-day experience. Experts from NIU STEAM are always willing to work with you to develop a program that fits your needs.
Whether it is a half-day workshop during a teacher institute day, a series of sessions throughout the school year, collaboration on developing a STEM or STEAM program for your school, or a one-time consultation, our team is happy to work with you to design an experience that will best fit your needs. Contact us to learn more.
- Half-day or full-day workshops, may also include follow-up sessions
- Institute day programs
- Short sessions, perfect for after school, early release or break out sessions
- Ongoing coaching
- Informal curriculum development and support
Our team members are experts in a wide variety of STEAM-related fields. Let us share our expertise with you on any of the following topics. Interested in a subject not listed here? Give us a call. We're continuously expanding our professional development offerings.
- Conducting a STEM Read Field Trip
- Elementary – 3 hour workshop
- MS or HS – 5 hour workshop
- STEM/STEAM and Storytelling
- Designing Hands-On Labs
- STEM to STEAM
- Engineering Design
- Project-Based Learning
- Informal STEM Teaching Strategies
- Implementing STEM/STEAM Programming
- Makers and Maker Spaces
- Economics and STEM
- Stock Market Game
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Technology tools and applications to support STEAM
- Educator + Student Programs