https://analytics.niu.edu/PoliteMail/images/fall-altgeld-DOS-Banner.jpg

Events

Notices

Deadlines

From the Desk of the Dean of Students

Hello HUSKIES!

There is a lot going regionally and nationally and in the news, and I just want to remind you that we have support services if you need them. We also have opportunities for dialogue about these important issues.

Community dialogues: As President Freeman shared with us last week, NIU has a “culture rooted in civil discourse.” I echo her encouragement to engage in dialogue and promote events related to the verdict in the trial of Jason Van Dyke and the decision regarding the appointment of Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

#SameHere Sit Down: Come and listen to people who have experienced mental and emotional challenges, including former Chicago Blackhawk hockey player Daniel Carcillo, discuss their coping strategies.

Homecoming: Show your Huskie Pride at Homecoming events this week and cheer on your fellow Huskies!

Safe swap: NIU has a safe selling place to connect you and your “stuff” with people who want to buy it.

Share your voice! Log into HuskieLink for a prompt to register to vote.

With the challenges ahead, just stick with it. As BeyoncĂ© reminds us – you are worth it! You CAN do this! If you fall, get back up. We can learn from mistakes and keep moving forward.

Forward Together,

https://analytics.niu.edu/PoliteMail/images/Kelly%20Wesener%20signature.png

Kelly Wesener Michael, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Chief Student Affairs Officer & Dean of Students

Featured Events

Monday, Oct. 8: ACCESS Tutor Appreciation Week
Tuesday, Oct. 9: So You Want to be Involved?
Tuesday, Oct. 9: Career Fair Preparation Workshop
Wednesday, Oct. 10: Discover Financial Services: code_orange Program Open House
Wednesday, Oct. 10: Make Your Home Among Strangers: Open Mic
Monday, Oct. 15: Secretary of State Mobile Services
Tuesday, Oct. 16: OHANA! Presents “Be You LGBTQ!” with Gender and Sexuality Resource Center
Wednesday, Oct. 17: All-Majors Internship and Job Fair

View all events

"Do not diminish who you are. Your gender, your heritage, your identity. That's what makes you unique.”

-- Strong by Kailin Gow

Notices

Roadwork planned on eastbound I-88 exit to Annie Glidden Road Oct. 15-26

The eastbound I-88 exit ramp to Annie Glidden Road will be closed for approximately two weeks for barrier wall repair starting on Monday, Oct. 15 through Friday, Oct. 26. Visitors coming to NIU on I-88 from west of DeKalb should use the Peace Road exit during that time. More information on the repair project is available on the Illinois Tollway website.

Deadlines

Friday, Oct. 19: Last day for undergraduates to withdraw from a full-semester fall 2018 course or from the university

This message has been approved for distribution by the appropriate NIU party and is distributed by the Division of Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications. NIU Mass E-Mail Policy