Teacher Education and Certification House
Stevenson A Tower
- Freshmen must have declared an area of teacher preparation as their intended major
- Incoming transfer students must also have declared some area of teacher preparation for their intended major and have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Residents must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Residents must attend three professional development programs
How to Sign Up
Log into Campus Housing Sign Up and follow the instructions for selecting a new room and meal plan. If you meet the above requirements, you will be able to select a room in the TEACH House. Note that depending on the time of the year, room selection may be unavailable to you. Learn more about the room selection timeline.
The Teacher Education and Certification House (TEACH House) is home to students pursuing any area of teacher certification. The living environment is designed to facilitate interaction with teacher certification faculty, as well as peers with similar professional aspirations. Students who live in this house are required to attend three professional development programs.
TEACH House activities include:
- "Physical Activity in Every Classroom"
- "Parent-Teacher Conference"
- "Field Trip(s): How to Plan/organize Field Trips"
A Themed Learning Community is a group of two to four courses taken by the same set of approximately 25 students over the course of a semester. These courses are taught in a way that will allow you to explore a common theme across all of the courses in your TLC.
If you decide to join the TEACH House, we think you'd be interested in these TLCs:
- Leadership & Service
- Psychology: Explorations of Perception
- Psychology: Growing a Mindset for Success
- Researching Cultural Experience through Rappin’ & Writin’ (CBS students only)
For More Information
To learn more about the TEACH House, please contact Educator Licensure and Preparation at firstname.lastname@example.org.