Residential Life Professional Staff
If your passion lies in helping college students define who they are, find purpose and meaning in their college experience, identify their values and beliefs, and embrace living in a diverse community, the path to your passion is at Northern Illinois University.
The Housing and Residential Services staff is a group of student affairs professionals who truly embrace the Core Values of NIU's Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management: student-centered service, partnerships focused on student learning, establishing an inclusive community, and actively building collaborative relationships. NIU allows you to work side-by-side with talented, committed student affairs colleagues; personally and professionally grow in your position; be a part of a dynamic work environment; and engage with a diverse student population.
These pages will provide information that will guide you through the Housing and Residential Services professional staff application processes. Join us and pursue your passion at Northern Illinois University!
Professional Staff Positions in Residential Life
- Director of Residential Communities
- Associate Director of Residential Education and Leadership
- Assistant Director of Residential Life Staff Development
- Assistant Director for Residential Community Standards
- Complex Coordinators
- Community Director: Apartments
- Full-time Residence Hall Directors
Professional Development Opportunities
Gain valuable transferable skills in the areas of:
- Supervision, Advising, Crisis Management, Conflict Resolution, Event Planning and Committee Work
- On-going training via staff in-services
- Networking with other university officials and via conference attendance
- The ability to present at state, regional and national conferences and much more