Become A Graduate Student Leader
As a Graduate Student Leader you will help implement the curriculum, facilitate class discussions and apply student development theory to practice in a first-year classroom. This is a volunteer position open to selected graduate students who meet the qualifications.
To be eligible to become a graduate leader, you must:
- Graduate School cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Completed at least one semester of undergraduate or graduate coursework at NIU;
- Completed or are enrolled in CAHE 522 (Student Development Theory)
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively to a class of first-year students;
- Have four to five hours per week to commit to UNIV teaching responsibilities during the first 11-12 weeks of the fall semester
- Enroll in the graduate student leader seminar, earning three units in CAHA 597 independent research credit.
Preference will be given to graduate students pursuing a degree in Counseling, Adult and Higher Education.
Deadline is Friday, April 13, 2018.
Please direct any questions to First- and Second-Year Experience staff, at email@example.com or 815-753-0028.