How To Apply
As an undergraduate student, you may apply to fund travel to a professional conference in your field, NIU study abroad programs, participation in a service-based experience that includes travel (such as an alternative break), or other student engagement activities. Your request must contain a strong defense as to how the grant will contribute to your academic and career success at NIU.
You are encouraged to apply early. Once funds allocated for the 2018-2019 academic year are depleted, we will stop accepting applications for the Grant.
Funding and Expenses
If selected, students will receive up to $500 in funding. Eligible expenses include (but are not limited to):
- Conference registration fees
- Travel expenses (excluding local transportation; e.g.: travel in DeKalb County)
- Program costs (service-based experiences)
- Lodging associated with the travel experience)
- Per diem costs associated with the trip (e.g.: food)
You may only receive the travel grant once per academic year.
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.