- Applicants can apply for up to $5,000 per year, which may include funding for undergraduate student compensation and supplies, travel or other associated costs tied to the project.
- Compensation funds requested for team proposals will be divided among team members.
- Each student is eligible for up to $1,200 per year in compensation
- Approximately eight proposals will be funded.
- Funding levels and the exact number of grants funded will be depend on results of the review.
Acceptable Use of Funds
- Project supplies (including printing costs)
- Travel related to research or project
- Conference travel for undergraduate students (must be presenting outcomes from this project)
- Compensation for undergraduates
Funding ExceptionsFunds can be requested multiple times if there is a clear justification as to why funding is needed to complete or extend the project. There is no guarantee that funding will be given more than one time.
Accepted applicants will receive grant funds June 1, 2019- May 31, 2020.
- Christina Abreu, Ph.D., Patria over Profits: The Story of Cuban Boxing Champion Teófilo Stevenson
- Haiying Lin, Ph.D., Cross-sector Solutions to Grand Challenges
- Amanda Littauer, Ph.D., Queer Youth History Project
- Research, Engagement, and Academic Diversity (READ) Grant
- Undergraduate Research
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.