Professionals with a Teaching License Outside of Illinois


Are you a professional with a teaching license outside of Illinois? We're happy to connect you with resources.

  • If you already have a teaching license in a state other than Illinois, view the requirements from the Illinois State Board of Education.
  • You will need to submit your credentials to the state for evaluation. Page 3 of this document highlights Illinois requirements for each teaching area.
  • As part of the package of credentials you submit to the state, you will need assistance from the institution where you completed your licensure program in completing this form. The form must be completed with the university/college seal and returned directly to the Illinois State Board of Education.

Contact Us

Office of Educator Licensure and Preparation
Williston Hall 320