- Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality
- News and Events
- Calendar of Events
Calendar of Events and CSWGS Digest
NIU's Center for the Study of Women Gender and Sexuality is accepting submissions for the 2018 CSWGS Research and Artistry Student Symposium Undergraduate and graduate students at NIU are invited to participate. Submission deadline has been extended to Monday, April 9, 2018.
We will accept submissions that address a broad range of topics related to Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies, including submissions that focus on:
- the contributions and status of women and LGBTQ+ people
- understandings of love and sexuality in relationships
- the dynamics of sex roles and gender ideals, past and present
- the impact of race, ethnicity, age, social class, sexual orientation, ability and other factors on women's experiences and the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer+ (LGBTQ+) people
- and other issues related to women, gender and/or sexuality
The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center (GSRC) is organizing a campaign centered on providing free menstrual products, specifically pads and tampons, to NIU students, faculty and staff. The purpose of this campaign is to enhance awareness of the financial burden that purchasing menstrual products can cause individuals, especially college students.
To support the project, the GSRC is accepting donations of tampons and pads on an ongoing basis. The GSRC is open from weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and can accept new, packaged donations during these times. Contact the GSRC at GSRC@niu.edu or at 815-753-4772 with questions.
The Huskie Food Pantry is locaated in Chick Evans Field House and open Thursdays, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
To be eligible to use the Huskie Food Pantry, you must be a current NIU student without an NIU meal plan. All students must bring their NIU OneCard to gain access to pantry items. Get more information and view recipes.