Amanda Littauer, Ph.D.
Ph.D., University of California-Berkeley, 2006
Fields of Study
20th century United States, and Gender, Sexuality and Women
- Bad Girls: Young Women, Sex, and Rebellion before the Sixties. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2015.
- Littauer, Amanda. "'Someone to Love': Teen Girls' Same-Sex Desire in the 1950s United States," in Queer 1950s: Locating Sexual Culture in the West, Heike Bauer and Matt Cook, eds. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Littauer, Amanda. Entries on "Lesbians" and "Kinsey Female Report," in Encyclopedia of American Women's History, Hasia Diner, ed. Facts on File, June 2012.
- Littauer, Amanda. Review of Marilyn Hegarty, Victory Girls, Khaki-Wackies, and Patrioututes, in Journal of the History of Sexuality, 21.2 (May 2012).
- Littauer, Amanda. Review of Carolyn E. Cocca, Jailbait: The Politics of Statutory Rape Law in the United States,H-Childhood, H-Net Reviews, November 2007.
- Littauer, Amanda. "The B-Girl Evil: Bureaucracy, Sexuality, and the Menace of Bar-room Vice in Postwar California," Journal of the History of Sexuality, 12.2 (April 2003): 171-204.
- WGST 101- Women, Sex and Gender Today
- WGST 430- Special Topics in Women's Studies: Queer Theory
- WGST 610- Special Topics in Women's Studies: The New Girls Studies
- WGST 610- Special Topics in Women's Studies: Queer Theory
- WGST 630- Research in Women's Studies and LGBT Studies
- HIST 261- American History Since 1865
- HIST 369: U.S. Women's History
- HIST 379: U.S. LGBT History
- HIST 399H- American Girlhoods
- HIST 495: Senior Thesis
Acting Director, Center for the Study of Women, Gender & Sexuality (Fall 2017)
Associate Professor, Department of History/Center for the Study of Women, Gender & Sexuality
Co-Chair, Committee on LGBT History for the American Historical Association
Office hours by appointment
Zulauf Hall, room 614