- Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union
- Become a Member
Become a Member
- Free online banking
- Free e-statements
- Wire transfers
- Domestic (incoming and outgoing)
- International (outgoing only)
- Money orders
- Notary public service
- Payroll deductions
- Reloadable debit cards
- Gift cards
- Credit cards
- Discounts with Liberty Mutual and Six Flags
- Surcharge-free ATMs (Allpoint /Co-Op)
Who Can Join?
- DeKalb Public Library employees
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials employees
- Northern Illinois University employees and retirees
- includes student, graduate assistants and temporary employees
- Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union members, employees, immediate family and members of the same household
- Immediate family member- is defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, step and adoptive relations (doesn't include relations through marriage or foster kids)
- Household- is defined as persons living in the same residence forming a single economic unit of a current Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union member
- Complete our membership application
- Bring a deposit of $25 by cash or check
- Valid driver's license, state ID or passport.
- Proof of current address - if different from your ID (i.e. pay stub, account statement, utility bill)
To comply with the U.S. Patriot Act, we must verify your identity before we can add you into our computer system as a member. All potential members and joint owners must be verified by a Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union staff member before joining.
Our motto at Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union is "once a member, always a member". There is no need to close your membership with us if you retire or move away, you can still keep your membership open. Activity is needed once every 12 months to avoid dormant fees. Effective 2018, activity is needed once every three years to avoid funds being surrendered to the Illinois State Treasurer Office.
Contact UsNorthern Illinois Federal
817 W. Lincoln Highway, Suite E
DeKalb, IL 60115
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
7:30 a.m. -5 p.m.
9 a.m. -2 p.m.