Kevin B. Martin, Ph.D.
Faculty Associate, Institute for the Study of the Environment, Sustainability and Energy
- Ph.D. in Engineering Management, Missouri University of Science & Technology (2009)
Dissertation Title: Hydrogen Infrastructure: Resource Evaluation and Capacity Modeling
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology (2005)
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology (2002)
- Renewable energy systems
- Industrial energy efficiency
- Hydrogen economy development designs
- Hybrid electric vehicles
- Creating Your Excellent Future Using Smart Meters, funded by Illinois Science and Energy Innovation Foundation
- Building Energy Efficiency, Ergonomics and Management Laboratory
- Energy Efficiency Workshops for Small and Medium Enterprises, funded by Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center
- Municipal Energy Audit, funded by the City of Rochelle, Illinois
Professional Associations and Honors
- 3rd World Congress of Young Scientists on Hydrogen Energy Systems – Scientific Committee Member
- Team Leader for National Hydrogen Association Hydrogen Station Design Competition –5th Place 2004
- Advisor for National Hydrogen Association Hydrogen Station Design Competition – 2012,
- Grand Prize 2008 and 2010, 4th Place 2011,
- Assistant Director for Missouri S&T EcoCAR Advanced Powertrain Summer Camp – 2009-2011
- Reviewer for the International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Reviewer for Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Energy Conference
- UMR Chemical Engineering Academy Fellowship Recipient
- Engineering Management Graduate Leadership Award
- Chemical Engineering Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year
- Omega Chi Epsilon
- Opportunities for Undergraduate Research Grant Recipient
- Youth Development in STEM Areas –
- Expanding Your Horizons (November 21, 2008; November 6, 2009)
- RMS Science Day (September 19, 2008; November 13, 2008)
- St. Patrick’s Science Day (November 5, 2008)
- National Alternative Fuel Vehicle Day 2010 – Rolla Site Coordinator
Over 60 outreach events with government officials and business decision makers involving sustainability
- Scott E. Grasman, Kevin B. Martin, Ruwen Qin, “An Inventory Modeling Analysis of Hydrogen Fueling Station Capacity Considering an Outside Option,” Accepted to Energy Systems.
- Kevin B. Martin and Warren Vaz, 2012, Hydrogen Infrastructure, Hydrogen Energy and Vehicle Systems. CRC Press/Taylor & Francis.
- Vijay Mohan, Aanchal Shah, John W Sheffield, Kevin B. Martin, “Design of a Hydrogen Community,” Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy 2012 Vol 37 Issue 2 pp. 1214-1219.
- Aanchal Shah, Vijay Mohan, John W. Sheffield, Kevin B. Martin, “Solar powered residential hydrogen fueling station,” Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy 2011 Vol 36 Issue 20 pp 13132-13137.
- Mathew Thomas, Kevin Martin, Scott E. Grasman, John W. Sheffield, Design Layout Of Hydrogen Research And Development Garage,” Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy 2011 Vol 36 Issue 13 pp 8017-8022.
- Clint Cottrell, Mathew Thomas, Scott Grasman, Kevin Martin, John Sheffield, “Strategies For Stationary and Portable Fuel Cell Markets,” Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy 2011 Vol 36 Issue 13 pp 7969-7975.
- Kevin B. Martin, Andrew Meintz, Sushrut Bapat, John W. Sheffield, “Missouri S&T EcoCAR: Fuel Cell Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Energy 2011 Conference, Washington D.C., February 2011.
- Department of Technology, NIU (2012-present)
- Institute for the Study of the Environment, Sustainability & Energy, NIU (2012-present)
- Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology (2010-2012)
- Independent Industrial Energy Auditor, Missouri Enterprise (2010-present)
College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
590 Garden Rd, DeKalb, IL