College of Business
NIU's College of Business is nationally recognized in academic and industry circles for its teaching, research, and public service. The college is distinguished by its ability to narrow the gap between thinking and achieving. Among the ways the college demonstrates this is by providing students with broad academic excellence combined with hands-on learning situations in actual organizations. Among its many achievements, NIU's College of Business is recognized for its active engagement in the Chicago area business community as well as for its nationally and world-renowned faculty, the majority of whom served as business professionals before earning their PhDs.
For a more detailed list of recognitions, visit NIU’s College of Business website.
College of Business Earns National Rankings
- Best Undergraduate Business School Programs: NIU ranks 79th nationally
- Best Undergraduate Business Schools in the Nation for Teaching Ethics: NIU ranks third, placing in the top three on the list since BusinessWeek began evaluating ethics instruction as part of its annual ranking of top business schools in 2009
- Top Undergraduate B-Schools for ROI: NIU’s undergraduate business program ranks 45th nationally and 1st in Illinois for best value (calculated by salary earned per annual tuition dollar spent)
U. S. News & World Report
- Best Business Schools 2016: The NIU College of Business undergraduate program ranks in the top quarter (24%) of best business schools out of nearly 550 eligible AACSB accredited business programs. This ranking of best business schools is based entirely on AACSB deans' evaluation of program quality. NIU Business has been ranked favorably in US News for more than two decades, ever since the beginning of their ranking.
- Best Grad Schools: NIU’s Part-Time MBA Program ranks 124th nationally out of the more than 700 eligible AACSB-accredited schools. This is the fourth consecutive year NIU's Part-Time MBA has ranked among the nation's best.
Sales Education Foundation
- Top North American Sales Schools: NIU is named one of the top universities for professional sales education
Public Accounting Report
- Annual Professors Survey: NIU's undergraduate and graduate accountancy programs are among the top 25 nationally ranked programs.
Accounting Degree Review
- Top 50 Graduate Accounting Programs: NIU's master of accounting science ranks 26th nationally for best program.
- 30 Most Affordable Graduate Accounting Programs: NIU's master of accounting science ranks15th nationally in affordability.
College of Business Earns Academic Prestige
- AACSB International: The NIU College of Business has achieved continuous accreditation from the AACSB since 1969 and is among the top schools of business accredited for business and accounting. Less than 4 percent of business colleges worldwide have earned AACSB accreditation, the highest credential of excellence for business programs
- Fast Facts
- History and Traditions
- Accreditation and Affiliation
- Mission and Vision
- Rankings and Recognition
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60604