Art (B.A. and B.S.)
Why Study Art at NIU?
The NIU School of Art and Design offers both a B.A. and B.S. degree in Art. With a faculty of more than 40 artists, designers and scholars, and an enrollment of more than 450 undergraduate and 80 graduate students, our program is one of best and most comprehensive public university art schools in the United States, with a strong national reputation in a number of fields
Careers with an Art Degree
Graduates from our Art program have pursued many different kinds of careers, such as:
- Archivist, curator and museum technician.
- Art editor.
- Art therapy.
- Commercial and industrial designer.
- Computer game developer, designer
- Computer graphics specialist.
- Freelance graphic designer.
- Gallery curator.
- Game career guide.
- Game industry career paths.
- Graphic arts and printing careers.
- Graphic design careers.
- Photography and film careers.
- Technical illustrator.
- Video game
Our faculty members are recognized for their outstanding reputations for research in their special fields of study. We couple this with a commitment to teaching students from undergraduate to graduate levels, and a strong desire to see students excel.