Courtney Gallaher, Assistant Professor
Department of Geography/Women's Studies Program
Office Hours: T 2:30-4:00 p.m., and by appointment
Office Number: Davis Hall, Room 118
Office Phone: 753-0631
Education: Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2012
Fields of Study: Food security; crop and soil science; urban agriculture; environmental risks
- Gallaher, Courtney M., et. al. " Urban agriculture, social capital, and food security in the Kibera slums of Nairobi, Kenya." Agriculture & Human Values 30.3 (Sep. 2013): 389-404.
- Gallaher, Courtney M., et. al. "Real or Perceived: The Environmental Health Risks of Urban Sack Gardening in Kibera Slums of Nairobi, Kenya." EcoHealth 10.1 (March 2013): 9-20.
- Livelihoods, Food Security, and Environmental Risk: Sack gardening in the Kibera Slums of Nairobi, Kenya. University of Michigan. Dissertation. 2012.
- SieglindeSnapp, Anne Ferguson, Henry Mloza-Banda, Courtney Gallaher, and Karen Cichy. Beyond Participatory Bean Breeding: A Cando (Client, Agroecological Niche and Development Oriented) Approach in Malawi. In Report of the BEAN IMPROVEMENT COOPERATIVE XLIX, No. 49, May 2006.
- WOMS/GEOG/BIOS 324, Women in Science
- WOMS 424/524, Topics in Gender and Science
- GEOG 101, Survey of Physical Geography
- WOMS 630, Research in Women's Studies