Amanda Littauer, Assistant Professor
Department of History/Women's Studies Program
Office Hours: W 1:30-3:30 p.m., and by appointment
Office Number: Zulauf 614
Office Phone: 753-8049
Education: Ph.D., University of California-Berkley, 2006
Fields of Study: 20th century United States, and Gender, Sexuality and Women
- Littauer, Amanda. "'Someone to Love': Teen Girls' Same-Sex Desire in the 1950s United States," in Queer 1950s: Locating Sexual Culture in the West, Heike Bauer and Matt Cook, eds. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Littauer, Amanda. Entries on "Lesbians" and "Kinsey Female Report," in Encyclopedia of American Women's History, Hasia Diner, ed. Facts on File, June 2012.
- Littauer, Amanda. Review of Marilyn Hegarty, Victory Girls, Khaki-Wackies, and Patrioututes, in Journal of the History of Sexuality, 21.2 (May 2012).
- Littauer, Amanda. Review of Carolyn E. Cocca, Jailbait: The Politics of Statutory Rape Law in the United States, H-Childhood, H-Net Reviews, November 2007.
- Littauer, Amanda. "The B-Girl Evil: Bureaucracy, Sexuality, and the Menace of Bar-room Vice in Postwar California," Journal of the History of Sexuality, 12.2 (April 2003): 171-204.
- WOMS 230- Women, Sex and Gender Today
- WOMS 610- Special Topics in Women's Studies: The New Girls Studies
- WOMS 630- Research in Women's Studies and LGBT Studies
- HIST 261- American History Since 1865
- HIST 399H- American Girlhoods