ON THE UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM (CUC)
(Bylaws, Article 14.64)
Membership of CUC
A. The Committee on the Undergraduate Curriculum shall consist of the following members:
One faculty representative, from the Undergraduate Coordinating Council (UCC), shall be chosen by the faculty of the Undergraduate Coordinating Council;
One faculty representative shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of each undergraduate degree-granting college except the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences;
Three faculty representatives shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, to represent the areas of the humanities, social sciences, and the other sciences;
Two student members shall be selected by the Committee On the Undergraduate Curriculum (CUC) from nominees submitted by the student advisory committees of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges;
The vice provost responsible for undergraduate education shall be an ex officio, nonvoting member.
Faculty shall serve three-year staggered terms.
Students shall serve one-year terms.
The chair shall be elected by the voting members of the Committee on the Undergraduate Curriculum and shall serve a one-year renewable term beginning in the fall semester.
The Committee on the Undergraduate Curriculum shall have the responsibilities to:
- Recommend general policies regarding the design of the undergraduate curriculum;
- Receive from the college curriculum committees decisions regarding the substitution, alteration, addition, or deletion of undergraduate courses and programs not in the area of general education. All curriculum decisions involving course content, description, title, and number shall be reported to the UCC without committee action or comment unless they involve course duplication or overlap between colleges, cross-college concerns, or university standards;
- Review and approve, or return to the originating department or college with appropriate comment, all curricula proposals involving course duplication or overlap between colleges, cross-college concerns, or university standards. Proposals approved by the committee shall be reported to the UCC;
- Negotiate and resolve questions concerning course duplication or overlap between colleges, cross-college concerns, or university standards that arise from or concerning proposals for curriculum change;
- Make recommendations regarding university policies governing programs of undergraduate study;
- Review proposed new programs of undergraduate study and make recommendations to the UCC.
Minutes and reports are to be distributed to all University Council members and copies are to be deposited in the university archives.
COMMITTEE ON THE UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM (CUC)
|UCC Faculty||Robert Beatty||David Shernoff|
|Business||Gerald Aase||Gerald Aase|
|Education||Valarie Talsma||Valarie Talsma|
|Engineering & Engineering Tech.||Bob Tatara||Bob Tatara|
|Health and Human Sciences||Meri Geohring||*Meri Geohring||Meri Geohring|
|LA&S Sciences||Jeffrey Thunder|
|LA&S Humanities||Francisco Solares||Francisco Solares|
|LA&S Social Sciences||Keith Miller||Keith Miller||Keith Miller|
|Visual and Performing Arts||Randy Newsom|
|+ Vice Provost||Earl Seaver||Earl Seaver|
|Students (2)||Paula Jang - ED
Suzanne Ortiz - ED
Mohsin Chowdhury - EET
|Rakesh Vasudevan - EET|