GENERAL EDUCATION COMMITTEE
(Bylaws, Article 14.63)
Membership of GEC
Two faculty representatives from the Undergraduate Coordinating Council (UCC) chosen by the faculty of the Undergraduate Coordinating Council;
One faculty representative shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of each undergraduate degree-granting college except the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences;
Three faculty representatives shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, including one from the humanities, one from the social sciences, and one from the other sciences. ;
Three student members shall be selected by the General Education Committee from nominees submitted by the student advisory committees of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges. No more than one student shall be appointed from any college. Students members shall serve one-year renewable terms beginning in the fall semester;
The vice provost for undergraduate education and the coordinator for assessment services shall serve as ex officio, nonvoting members.
The chair shall be elected by the voting members of the General Education Committee and shall serve a one-year renewable term beginning in the fall semester.
Faculty appointed by the curriculum committee shall serve three-year staggered terms, renewable, beginning in the fall semester.
The General Education Committee shall have the responsibilities to:
- Monitor and evaluate the university general education program;
- Recommend policies and procedures which will provide continuing evidence which can be used to evaluate both the program as a whole and individual components of that program;
- Make suggestions to colleges and departments regarding improvements that can be made in the general education curricula;
- Recommend additions, modifications, and deletions of courses which are a part of the general education curriculum;
- Make recommendations regarding the improvement, including the redesign, of the general education program and of individual components of that program;
- Perform such other duties as the UCC may prescribe. Recommendations regarding policy changes shall be forwarded, together with a written statement of the rationale for such changes, to the UCC for further action.
GENERAL EDUCATION COMMITTEE (GEC)
|UCC Faculty||Elizabeth Wilkens||Elizabeth Wilkens|
|UCC Faculty||David Rusin||David Rusin|
|Business||Elisa Fredericks||*Elisa Fredericks|
|Education||Diann Musial||Diann Musial||Diann Musial|
|Engineering & Eng. Technology||Andrew Otieno||Andrew Otieno|
|Health and Human Sciences||Greg Long||Greg Long||Greg Long|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences||Winifred Creamer||Winifred Creamer|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences||Paul Stoddard||Paul Stoddard||Paul Stoddard||Paul Stoddard|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences||James Hudson||Joanna Kot||Joanna Kot|
|Visual & Performing Arts||John Fairfield|
|+ Vice Provost||Earl Seaver||Earl Seaver|
|+ Coordinator for Assessment Services||#Carolinda Douglass|
|Students (3)||Joan Dufelmeier
+ Ex officio, nonvoting