(Bylaws, Article 14.6.2)
A. The Admissions Policies and Academic Standards Committee shall consist of the following members:
One faculty representative, from the Undergraduate Coordinating Council (UCC), chosen by the faculty of the Undergraduate Coordinating Council.
One faculty representative shall be appointed by the Curriculum Committee of each undergraduate degree-granting college except the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences;
Two faculty representatives shall be appointed by the Curriculum Committee of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences;
Three student members selected by the Admissions Policies and Academic Standards Committee (APASC) from nominees submitted by the Student Advisory Committees of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges. Student membership shall include at least one native and one transfer student;
One advisor elected by and from the persons with overall responsibility for undergraduate student advisement in each of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges. The person shall be a voting member.
The following, or their designees, shall serve ex officio, nonvoting:
vice provost responsible for undergraduate education;
vice president for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management;
director of Admissions;
a representative of Educational Services and Programs appointed by the vice provost;
Transfer Center coordinator.
Faculty members shall serve a three-year renewable term beginning in the fall semester. Terms of college appointees shall be staggered. Student members on the committee shall serve one-year renewable terms beginning in the fall semester.
The chair shall be elected by the voting members of the Academic Policies and Academic Standards Committee and shall serve a one-year term beginning in the fall semester.
- Within the policies defined by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, the Board of Trustees, the University Council, and the Undergraduate Coordinating Council (UCC), to review and, as necessary, recommend to the Undergraduate Coordinating Council changes in undergraduate policies and regulations dealing with (1) admission to impacted and restricted programs and (2) retention, both in the university and in particular programs;
- Recommend guidelines governing college, school, and department policies regarding admission, retention, academic standards, and graduation requirements for their individual programs; and establish a process by which such policies will be reviewed by the next higher level of academic authority;
- Study and make recommendations regarding the impact of college, school, and department admission, retention, and academic standards policies upon other academic units of the university;
- Recommend a procedure by which individual student progress toward graduation will be continually monitored;
- Make recommendations for the improvement of the University's undergraduate advisement policies and procedures;
- Make recommendations as needed to improve coordination among the UCC, the office of Community College Relations, and the persons with overall responsibility for undergraduate student advisement in each of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges;
- Coordinate the policies and procedures of the College Reinstatement Committees, and, if necessary, recommend changes in university policies regarding the work of such committees;
- Perform such other duties as the UCC may prescribe.
|UCC Faculty||William Goldenberg||Paul Stoddard|
|Business||*David Wade||*David Wade||David Wade|
|Education||Paula Hartman||Paula Hartman||Paula Hartman|
|Engineering & Engineering Technology||Don Zinger||Don Zinger||Don Zinger|
|Health & Human Sciences||Sally Arnett||Sally Arnett|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||John Wolfskill||John Wolfskill||John Wolfskill|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||Andrea Radasanu||Andrea Radasanu|
|Visual Arts and Sciences||Ed Klonoski||Ed Klonoski|
|Council of Advising Deans||Mary Pritchard||Jill Boersma|
|+Vice Provost or designee||Earl Seaver||Anne Birberick|
|+Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management or designee||Brian Hemphill||Brian Hemphill|
|+Director of Admissions or designee||Brandon Lagana||Katherine McCarthy|
|+Representative of Educational Services & Programs appointed by Vice Provost||Shevawn Eaton||Shevawn Eaton|
|+Transfer Center Coordinator or designee||Melissa Gillis||Melissa Gillis|
|Students (3)||Ashley Warren, HHS
Paula Hastings, LAS
Kristin Preihs, LAS Alt.
|Daniel Brouillette, LAS|
+ ex officio, nonvoting