- About Us
- Student Programs
- Student Resources
- Graduate Assistant Resources
- Planning & Assessment
- Division Employee Resources
- SAEM in the News
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Home
The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management inspires students to engage and succeed in their individual pursuit of learning as they transform into dynamic leaders. Our graduate assistantships afford students the opportunity to gain a variety of valuable and unique experiences through student-centered service and collaborative relationships.
Benefits of an Assistantship
Each assistantship includes a compensation package to offset student expenses. Compensation packages vary by department. Stipends typically start at $1,000 per month; this corresponds with 20 hours of work per week. Packages also typically include a tuition waiver (student responsible for fees) and may also include one or more of the following benefits:
- Assistance with conference costs
- Professional development funds/opportunities
- Recreation Center access
- Meal plans
- Housing in the residence halls
Below are the departments in the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management (SAEM) that anticipate having GA openings for the 2015-2016 academic year. Graduate students who will be enrolled in the Counseling, Adult & Higher Education (CAHE) department and are seeking an assistantship in SAEM for the 2015-2016 academic year are eligible to apply for the positions listed below. Graduate students enrolled in other academic programs may also apply, but first priority will be given to CAHE students. Please note, this is a temporary listing of available positions and it may change frequently as positions are added or filled. We also encourage you to check the Human Resources employment website for GA positions at NIU.
- Military Support Services
- Graduate Assistant for Programs & Support (Available beginning November 16, 2014)
- Housing & Dining
- Graduate Assistant for Living Learning Communities (Priority deadline for application is November 19, 2014. Apply at email@example.com)
- Desk Operations Graduate Assistant (Priority deadline for application is November 19, 2014. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org)
The following position within the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management prefers candidates who may not be enrolled in the CAHE program. Please review the job description for additional information.
- Campus Recreation
- Graduate Assistant for Financial Operations (Apply by March 15, 2015. Position begins May 16, 2015)
The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Mangement is pleased to partner with the Division of Academic Affairs to offer the following assistantship as part of the GA Experience:
- Academic Advising Center
- Exploring Majors House Graduate Assistant (No longer available)
For additional information, please contact us at GAExperience@niu.edu. For specific information about any of the positions listed above, please utilize the contact information listed at the bottom of each position description.