- About Us
- Student Programs
- Student Resources
- Graduate Assistant Resources
- Assessment & Enrollment Analysis
- Division Employee Resources
- SAEM in the News
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Home
Graduate Student & Assistantship Recruitment Program (GSARP)
at Northern Illinois University
- M.S.Ed. in Counseling & Adult and Higher Education (CAHE)
- Graduate Assistantships in the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
GSARP Weekend welcomes incoming graduate students who will be new to the CAHE program in fall 2015 and are seeking an assistantship in the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management.
GA Interview Day welcomes graduate students who are currently enrolled in the CAHE program and are seeking an assistantship in the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management (SAEM), as well as current Graduate Assistants in SAEM who are seeking a different assistantship in SAEM for the next academic year.
GA Interview Day will be held Tuesday, March 3, 2015
GSARP Weekend 2015 will be held March 13 & 14, 2015
The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management and the Counseling, Adult & Higher Education (CAHE) graduate program are hosting a Graduate Student and Assistantship Recruitment Program (GSARP).
NIU’s collaboration between a vigorous academic program and a hands-on practical experience yields successful and effective Student Affairs & Enrollment Management practitioners. The two-day program introduces students to essential program information and introduces them to many faculty and staff members. Prospective graduate students will also be asked to interview for graduate assistantships within the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management.
Participants Will Have Opportunities To:
- Learn more about the CAHE graduate program
- Interview for assistantship positions
- Interact with current graduate students and candidates from around the nation
- Meet and interact with CAHE faculty and Student Affairs & Enrollment Management staff
- Learn more about financial aid opportunities
- Tour the DeKalb community and the NIU campus
While there is no limit on the number of assistantships for which applicants may request interviews, demand that an assistantship generates will dictate offering departments' ability to grant interviews. We will do our best to schedule applicants for as many interviews as possible.
Applicants to the Counseling, Adult & Higher Education academic program are required to submit GRE or MAT scores. It is not necessary that GSARP Weekend participants have completed their application to the Counseling, Adult & Higher Education program prior to the Preview Weekend event. However, by starting the application process, participants will experience fewer delays during the offer/acceptance period.
Please note that the Adult & Higher Education (AHE) program has a priority admissions deadline of March 6, 2015 and applications received after that date will be processed on a rolling basis until the program is full or until the final deadline of July 1, 2015.
For graduate students enrolling in the Counseling program, please note that the deadline to apply for fall 2015 is February 15, 2015. Candidates who are not admitted or who have missed the deadline to apply to the Counseling program and who do not intend to apply to the AHE program will not be eligible to attend GSARP Weekend.
The following links will provide you with additional information as you prepare for GSARP Weekend:
- The frequently asked questions page has information about lodging, parking, and much more.
- Our Graduate Assistantships page contains information on which assistantships are available.
- The GSARP Photo Gallery has pictures taken during GSARP Weekend.
- The Photo Tour will help you find the opening session and will introduce you to other locations relevant to GSARP.
- View the 2015 weekend schedule. (PDF)
- Articles for the mock classes will be available to download as GSARP Weekend 2015 approaches.
- See what alumni of the GA Experience have to say about their time at NIU.
If you have any questions, please contact us at GAExperience@niu.edu.