NIU Leadership Academy
The need for individuals who lead with integrity, values, and ethics has made student leadership development one of the fastest growing movements in American higher education. The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management is committed to preparing all students to serve as local and global leaders through the creation of the Leadership Academy.
The Leadership Academy will be among the most comprehensive and innovative student leadership programs in the country. Our goal is to create a program that will be a unique blend of curricular and co-curricular experiences.
- Lecture Series: lectures featuring high-profile public figures
- Leadership Consultants: programs to train students as organizational consultants
- Leadership Scholars: scholarships for leadership and service to the NIU community and beyond
- Kevin D. Knight Leadership Award Ceremony: annual ceremony to recognize student contributions to the NIU and DeKalb communities
- Alternative Spring Break Service Experience: week-long service immersion experiences for students to take part in changing the world
- Student Leadership Conference: a one-day leadership conference
- New Student Organization Programs: programs and services focused on preparing students to serve as leaders of student organizations
With your gift, the Leadership Academy will be one of the premier programs in the country. Funds will be used to enhance current leadership development activities and to establish new components that will create a structured and rigorous leadership development experience.