Alumni Representative (AR)
To represent the voice of the alumni members of Sigma Tau Delta (i.e., members who are no longer students or who are graduate students at a program without a Sigma Tau Delta chapter), the Board of Directors has created the Alumni Representative position. The Board of Directors will appoint the successful candidate to a two-year term (with a two-term limit).
- The AR shall be a member of Alumni Epsilon.
- The AR shall have graduated from an undergraduate program.
- Attend Board meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- Serve on the Membership Development Committee and other Board committees as appointed.
- Promote Alumni Epsilon membership opportunities.
- Direct and promote the online and social media presence of alumni.
- Contribute at least one article to the Society's biannual online newsletter with suggestions to alumni on how to stay involved.
- Promote community among alumni including welcoming new Alumni Epsilon members and encouraging alumni to continue to participate via local chapters and online networking.
- Maintain communication with the Chair of the Membership Development Committee on a monthly basis.
- Represent the concerns of alumni to the Board.
- Submit an annual report to the Board.
International Convention Duties
- Attend international convention
- Assist the Chair of the Membership Development Committee with the alumni events at the convention.
- Introduce, preside, and/or moderate sessions and activities as designated by the Convention Chair.
Candidates for this position will be interviewed and recommended at the international convention by a committee comprised of members of the Membership Development Committee and members of the Executive Committee and including student representation. The committee will be comprised of at least 3 faculty board members, including two executive committee members and at least 1 student leader. The final composition of this committee should be an odd number, not to exceed 5. The successful candidate will be appointed by the Board of Directors
Applications include the following components submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- In the subject line, type ALUMNI REPRESENTATIVE POSITION;
- ATTACH the following three (3) items in Word (doc or docx) or in PDF, titled to reflect the contents of each attachment (Application, Letter of Intent, Curriculum Vitae):
- the application, completed;
- a letter of intent to run for office, with a statement of qualifications, a summary of previous Sigma Tau Delta involvement, and responses to the three questions listed on the application form;
- a one-page Curriculum Vitae;
- ATTACH a recent headshot photograph (in jpeg format), titled Picture.
All application materials must be received by February 1, 2016.