Alumni Representative (AR)
To represent the voice of the alumni members of Sigma Tau Delta (i.e., members who are no longer students or who are graduate students at a program without a Sigma Tau Delta chapter), the Board of Directors has created the Alumni Representative position. The Board of Directors will appoint the successful candidate to a two-year term (with a two-term limit).
- The AR shall be a member of Alumni Epsilon.
- The AR shall have graduated from an undergraduate program.
- Attend Board meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- Serve on the Alumni/International Committee and other Board committees as appointed.
- Promote Alumni Epsilon membership opportunities.
- Direct and promote the online and social media presence of alumni.
- Contribute at least one article to the Society's biannual online newsletter with suggestions to alumni on how to stay involved.
- Promote community among alumni including welcoming new Alumni Epsilon members and encouraging alumni to continue to participate via local chapters and online networking.
- Maintain communication with the Chair of the Alumni/International Committee on a monthly basis.
- Represent the concerns of alumni to the Board.
- Submit an annual report to the Board.
International Convention Duties
- Attend international convention.
- Assist the Chair of the Alumni/International Committee with the alumni caucus and an alumni social event at the convention.
- Introduce, preside, and/or moderate sessions and activities as designated by the Convention Chair.
Candidates for this position will be interviewed and recommended at the annual international convention by a committee comprised of members of the Alumni/International Committee and members of the Executive Committee and including student representation. The successful candidate will be appointed by the Board of Directors. The next application opportunity will occur in 2016.