1. Before you apply:
- Review projects and mentors to identify your preferences and interests.
- Secure two faculty recommenders and have valid email addresses for them.
- Know your current GPA and number of earned hours.
2. Complete the general application online.
3. Submit your responses to the short answer questions listed in the application.
4. Submit a copy of your resume.
Your resume is how you provide faculty reviewers information about your research experience, academic strengths, skills, and other relevant experiences that make you an appealing candidate for the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program. For this program, your resume may look more like a curriculum vita than a traditional resume, since it's not necessary to spend a lot of time describing work experiences unrelated to research.
Be sure to include:
- Lab experiences with details about your role in the research Conferences attended, presentations, and publications
- Awards, honors, and scholarships
- Volunteer and extracurricular activities
- Relevant work experience
5. Send an electronic (scanned) version of your transcript to email@example.com as an email attachment.
Please note that your name and the name of your school should appear on the transcript. Unofficial or student copies are acceptable for the application. Participants selected for the program may be asked to provide an official transcript later.
All application materials must be received by Monday, March 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM CST.
- 2014 Application (Due March 3, 2014)