- About the Department
- Undergraduate Programs
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Graduate Programs
- Scholarships & Giving
- Center for the Study of Family Violence and Sexual Assault
- Psychological Services Center
- NIU Collaborative on Early Adolescence
- Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Language & Literacy
- The Wide Wide World of Psychology Blog
- Psychology A-Z
- Contact Us
- Department Facilities
- Psychology Home
James V. Corwin, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Office: PM 410
Ph.D.: University of Kentucky, 1979
Recovery of function following brain damage; anatomy of prefrontal cortex; neural mechanims underlying attention and spatial behavior; cerebral lateralization effects on behavior
FREQUENTLY TAUGHT CLASSES
- PSYC 300 Introduction to Brain and Behavior
- Brenneman, M. M., Wagner, S. J., Cheatwood, J. L., Heldt, S. A., Corwin, J. V., Reep, R. L., Kartje, G. L., Mir, A. K. & Schwab, M. E. (2008). Nogo inhibition induces recovery from neglect in rats. Behavioural Brain Research, 187, 262-272.
- Kamishina, H., Yurcisin, G. H., Corwin, J. V. & Reep, R. L. (2008). Striatal projections from the rt lateral posterior thalamic nucleus. Brain Research, 1204, 24-39.
- Reep, R. L., Wu, J. H., Cheatwood, J. L., Corwin, J.V., Kartje, G. L. & Mir, A. (2008). Quantification of synaptic density in corticostriatal projections from rat medial agranular cortex. Brain Research, In press.
- Reep, R. L. & Corwin, J. V. (2008). Posterior parietal cortex as part of a neural network for directed attention in rats. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, In press.
- Conte, W. L., Kamishina, H., Corwin, J. V. & Reep, R. L., (2008). Topography in the projections of lateral posterior thalamus to cingulate and medial agranular cortex in relation to circuitry for directed attention and neglect. Brain Research, In press.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, NIMH/Behavioral & Integrative Neuroscience Grant, "Induced plasticity and recovery from neglect in rats." 3/1/04 * 2/28/07.