Visitor & Temporary Permits
- There is a visitor pay lot on Carroll Avenue, just west of the NIU parking garage, which operates Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m..
- There are also parking meters and pay stations located throughout campus.
- Visitor permits may also be purchased at Campus Parking Services during the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. The fee for the visitor permit will be based on the length of time the permit is needed: daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Departments may also pre-purchase visitor parking permits for their guests. The host department is responsible for making prior arrangements with Campus Parking Services or for informing their guests that there is a daily parking fee.
- Temporary permits may be issued to any employee or student who has a reasonable need for a short-term permit.
- The fee for the temporary permit will be based upon the length of time that the permit is needed: daily, weekly, or monthly.
- If you have a valid NIU color-coded parking permit (sticker or hang tag) but you forgot to bring your parking permit to campus with you, you may receive a temporary permit for the day at no charge at Campus Parking Services
See permit rates for visitor and temporary parking rates.
121 Normal Road
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.