Buying a Permit
- Student parking permits can be purchased online using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by charging it to your Bursar account. You may also purchase your permit by mail or in person. Only one regular permit can be purchased by a student. Exception: A motorcycle permit can be purchased in addition to a regular color-coded permit (brown, green, orange, or yellow).
- University-issued parking permits may not be loaned, traded, or sold by the person(s) to whom they have been issued. Persons displaying a permit that is registered to someone else may have the permit revoked, receive parking citations and/or have parking privileges denied.
Purchase a permit online
- 2016 Student Parking Permits are on sale now.
Avoid standing in line and save money. Purchase your permit through this website, at no additional cost, and we will mail it to you. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by charging your Bursar account. Please allow additional time for your permit to be processed and mailed so you are prepared for parking on your first day on campus.
Purchase a permit by mail
- Complete the Permit Registration Form. Mail the form with a check to:
NIU Parking Services
121 Normal Road
DeKalb, IL 60115
- The permit will be processed within three business days of receiving the order.
Purchase a permit in person
- BEGINNING JUNE 13, 2016 THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN 2016-2017 PERMITS AND ALSO A $10.00 SURCHARGE WILL BE ADDED TO REGULAR STUDENT PERMITS PURCHASED IN PERSON
- Campus Parking Services is located on the corner of Lincoln Terrace and Normal Road. Regular office hours are 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except university holidays. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Huskie Bucks (provided the funds are not financial aid) or by billing the permit to your Bursar account.