About Family Connections
NIU values the partnership we have with our families of students. Families play such an important role in the life of our students. National studies show that parental involvement increases the chance that your college student will not only be successful at NIU, but go on to graduate.
Family Connections goals:
- Communicate regularly with family members of all NIU students.
- Help family members understand the collegiate experience and ways to support student learning/success
- Provide educational opportunities for family members of new students which include the changing dynamic of relationships, student development and growth in college, and how best to communicate with NIU.
- Ensure accurate information about university services and resources designed to help students be successful.
- Enable opportunities for families to participate in the NIU community