National Survey of Student Engagement
Research demonstrates that students who are engaged are more successful and graduate at higher rates. NSSE helps institutions to identify aspects about the learning and campus environment that contribute to the undergraduate experience both in and out of the classroom. The survey focuses particularly on student participation in activities and programs that influence their academic learning and personal development.
There are five NSSE benchmark areas that capture information about the student experience.
- Level of Academic Challenge
- Active and Collaborative Learning
- Student-Faculty Interaction
- Enriching Educational Experiences
- Supportive Campus Environment