The CFM credential sets the industry standard for ensuring knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers. It is the most respected global credential in facility management.
Why should you get certified?
- Certified Facility Managers have proven their abilities and demonstrated their commitment to achieving excellence in the profession.
- Earning your CFM is one of the most important career decisions you can make.
- It's not easy to achieve CFM status. The CFM designation is a tangible sign of your success.
- Facility managers must be proficient in a wide range of competencies and the CFM designation shows the level and skill you have achieved.
- Candidate Requirements - Candidates must meet the education and experience requirements outlined by IFMA. Contact IFMA at www.ifma.org for details.
- Submit Your Application for the Exam - Once you have taken your courses and are ready to take the exam, you may submit your CFM application through the IFMA Web site at www.ifma.org.
Courses to help you prepare for the CFM examCFM Exam Prep Plus Workshop
Advance Preparation Prior to Attending This Class
Review of IFMA's FM Learning System® print and online study resources available for purchase direct from IFMA www.ifma.org is strongly recommended prior to attending this workshop. The FM Learning System encompasses all of the competency areas that will be included on the CFM exam. This educational product is recommended, but not required to take the CFM exam.
NIU Course Fees and Materials
The registration fee for this course includes the CFM Exam Guide, continental breakfast, lunch and break services. The CFM Exam Guide will be distributed at the class session. The NIU fee does not include the FM Learning System materials recommended (but not required) for independent advance study prior to participating in this workshop. Credit card charges will appear as NIU Outreach.
Award of the CFM® Credential:
Candidates must meet the education and experience qualifications set forth by the International Facility Management Association and successfully complete the competency-based CFM® examination to earn this credential. Application to test and exam fees must be paid directly to IFMA www.ifma.org. Northern Illinois University is a licensed provider of the CFM Exam Prep Workshop but has no authority related to administration of the CFM examination. Any inquiries related to candidate eligiblity and exam processes must be directed to the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) www.ifma.org.
Illinois Veterans and Illinois National Guard Grant Programs: This program is not eligible for funding under the IL Veterans and IL National Guard Grants. IVG and ING grants apply only to those programs assessing tuition and mandatory fees. NIU Outreach is licensed to deliver this program by the sponsoring professional organization. The registration fee for this program is not based on tuition and fees and includes course materials, licensing fees, catering services, and instructional costs not covered by the IVG/ING grants.
In Partnership with
Donna Mann, Director
Phone: (815) 732-6249