Quick Navigation

Community Leadership and Civic Engagement Major

Declaring Community Leadership and Civic Engagement as Your Major

Incoming Freshman or Transfer Student

If you are an incoming freshman or a transfer student and want to declare CLCE as your major, you simply need to do so when you submit your application to NIU. If you have questions before declaring the major, you are welcome to contact us by email ngoldcenter@niu.edu or call (815) 753-4410.

Current NIU Student

If you are currently enrolled at NIU and would like to declare CLCE as your major, a “Change of Major” form is required. You can complete this short form by coming to our office on the first floor of Zulauf Hall, room 114. If you would like to talk with someone about the major, you can reach us by email ngoldcenter@niu.edu or telephone at (815) 753-4410.

The offices are open for drop-in appointments Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  During the summer between June and August the offices are not open on Fridays.