Military and Post-Traditional Student Services
Our department is a resource center and lounge space for NIU students. Although we welcome anyone to our office and lounge space, we're focused on students who live off campus, commute from home, have children, are military students, are online learners and/or over the age of 24.
Our staff is dedicated to helping you find the resources to be successful in your NIU studies. From locating housing options to computer access and even free coffee, we invite you to visit our office in the lower level of the Holmes Student Center, rooms 023J and 023K. We would be more than happy to assist you!
Interested in learning more about our office? Please register with us so we can keep you informed about our latest office activities.
- The Lounge and Support Services Relocates
- Student Veterans can begin registering on April 2
- Read more about MPTSS and NIU Veterans Association in the recent NIU Today article.
- We are collaborating with Student Involvement and Leadership Development for this year's Leadership Academy!
- As a student coming to NIU Orientation this summer be sure to check out the new NIU OneBook.
- Military students must submit completed forms for enrollment certifications and unofficial transcripts reports (MYNIU) each semester indicating which benefits you want us to apply. Enrollment forms must be turned in a week before the start of a semester to avoid late fees being added to your NIU account.
- View the latest Facts and Snacks Workshop presentations.
The Genius Guide was created to serve as a quick reference for our military and post-traditional students. Information includes offices and services offered on and off campus that are available for students, but are sometimes underutilized.
2017-2018 Featured Adult Learners
Students come through the Military & Post-Traditional Services Student Lounge to study, eat or relax. Each comes from a different background and each has a different story to share. Learn how to nominate a student as a featured adult learner.