The Northern Illinois University Motorcycle Safety Project offers FREE motorcycle rider education courses at 11 locations throughout Northern Illinois. There is a $20 refundable deposit (plus $3 handling fee) required for pre-registration. Although a course may show that it is "SOLD OUT" we do take walk-in registrations in all of our courses. Please read about that process on the Registration page.
****Click HERE for a Google map which shows all of our locations and has classroom location information.****
We have concluded our 2014 training season. We wish to thank everyone who participated in one of our courses! We extend the invitation to come see again next year for further training in either a BRC2/ERC or ARC. You can never get too much training!
Information on the 2015 training season will be available as soon as our course schedules are confirmed with all of our training site partners. Check back in the coming months for more information.
Click a link below for more information about each course including rider gear requirements.
License Testing Waiver Courses:
Basic RiderCourseSM (BRC)
Riding Skill Improvement Courses:
Basic RiderCourse2SM/Experienced RiderCourse (BRC2/ERC)
Advanced RiderCourseSM (ARC)
Training to help earn a RiderCoachSM credential
For questions about RiderCourses not related to registration please email: MotorcycleSafety@niu.edu
You must be an Illinois resident to register.
Visit the Registration page to find a course at a location near you:
- College of Lake County (CLC) - Grayslake, IL
- Elgin Community College (ECC) - Elgin, IL
- Fort Phillip Sheridan (FPS) - Fort Sheridan, IL
- Highland Community College (HCC) - Freeport, IL
- James A Lovell Federal Healthcare Center (JAL) - North Chicago, IL
- Jefferson High School (JHS) - Rockford, IL
- McHenry County College (MCC) - Crystal Lake, IL
- Northern Illinois University (NIU) - DeKalb, IL
- Rock Valley College (RVC) - Rockford, IL
- South Beloit High School (SBHS) - South Beloit, IL
Classroom Location information can be found on the "LOCATIONS" link and then clicking on the map marker at the training site where you would like to attend a course.