Plan Your Visit/Contact Us
Prospective students are encouraged to make appointments for individual visits to campus. A visit can include a tour, an office visit, and/or a class visit.
- Phone: (815) 753-8595
Fax: (815) 753-5680
- Online Information Request Form
- Mailing Address:
College of Law
Northern Illinois University
Office of Admissions & Financial Aid
Swen Parson Hall, Room 151
DeKalb, IL 60115-2890
- Social Media:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Directions and Parking:
- The NIU College of Law Office of Admissions & Financial Aid is located in Swen Parson Hall, Room 151. For directions, see a Campus Map.
- Walking Directions: NIU College of Law is located at the heart of NIU’s DeKalb campus in Swen Parson Hall. The easiest way to find the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid is by entering Swen Parson Hall via the east side of Normal Road. You will see a skybridge that passes between Swen Parson Hall and NIU’s main library. Use the first entrance north of the skybridge (door #27). The Office of Admissions & Financial Aid is the first door on your left.
- Visitor Parking: The closest visitor parking lot is located on Carroll Avenue, the North-South road one block west of the law school. The fee for parking in this lot is five dollars per day. The address of the lot is 200 Carroll Avenue, DeKalb, IL 60115.
- Short-term Parking: There is a limited amount of metered parking on College Avenue, the East-West road on the east side of Swen Parson Hall. The Office of Admissions & Financial Aid can be accessed by entering the ground floor doors on the east side of Swen Parson Hall and then by following signs to Room 151. Please note that metered parking is solely for short-term parking and that patrons are liable for meter fees and expired meter fees.