On-Campus Housing

Accommodations and Modifications

For students with disabilities, medical needs, or other situations that require accommodations or modifications to your Housing or Dining plan, we work with Health Services, the Counseling and Student Development Center, the LGBT Resource Center, and the Disability Resource Center to determine what adaptations are appropriate and how we can best meet these needs.

Our accommodations and modifications include, but are not limited to:

  • Visual alerting devices
  • Braille signage
  • Multiple room types including singles, doubles, and suites
  • Access to private bathroom facilities and other privacy-related accommodations
  • Wheelchair accessible toilet, sink, and shower facilities
  • Adapted height desks, closets, and beds
  • Wireless transmitters to automatically open power doors
  • Keyless entry on student room doors
  • Wheelchair accessible buildings with access to laundry facilities and other amenities
  • Floor options including quiet lifestyle and alcohol free
  • Changes to meal plans

If you would like to begin the process of requesting an accommodation or modification, please complete the Accommodations and Modifications Request form.

If you have specific questions about our buildings and rooms, contact the Coordinator of Residential Facilities at 815-753-7407.

For questions regarding service or assistance animals you may complete the Accommodations and Modifications Request Form, or contact the Disability Resource Center.