Living On Campus at NIU
If you are thinking about attending NIU you probably have many questions about your housing and dining options. You may be wondering where you'll live on campus and what amenities you'll have in your room. Or maybe you are trying to create a budget and you need to calculate the cost of living in a residence hall versus commuting from home or off-campus.
- Start by comparing our residence halls.
- Discover the wide variety of unique living-learning opportunities.
- Check out our meal plan options. There's one to fit your lifestyle.
- Learn more about on-campus dining venues. You'll have a lot of menus to choose from.
- Contact us to schedule a tour to see our residence halls in person.
- Read our frequently asked questions.
All residence halls will close at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2017. Plan to leave your hall within 24 hours of your last final.
Signing Up with Roommates
If you have a roommate in mind, you can sign up for a room together. Learn about signing up for housing with a roommate.
Coming this Fall to Campus Dining
Coming this fall: new hours at Stevenson, Dog Pound Deli, and New Hall, Neptune improvements, Family Pass, additional Flex Dollars, and more! See what Campus Dining has planned.
Join Team NIU
Team NIU volunteers help greet new residents, unload vehicles and carry belongings into rooms in the residence halls during move-in day on Friday, August 25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Students, faculty, staff, and community members are all welcome to help.