*The Green Lens Environmental Film Festival reserves the right to not grant an award for any of the listed categories. Films submitted as experimental will be accepted and placed into the most appropriate category based on screeners review.
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of
Withoutabox, a DBA of
IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates
September 20th- $30 ($25 Students)
October 20th- $35 ($30 Students)
November 20th- $40 ($35 Students)
WAB Extended Deadline
December 20th- $55 ($50 Students)
1. Film run time is limited to 30 minutes for all entries, except features (90 minutes). There is no constraint on film location or when the film was produced.
2. Since we are an environmental organization, online submission through www.withoutabox.com is preferred. However, if online submission is not possible, entrants must send two DVDs for consideration to Gillian King-Cargile, 307 Lowden Hall, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115. DVDs must be clearly labeled with entrant’s name, address, phone and email. Please make sure the covers and DVDs are labeled with film name and total running time. Submission DVDs must be in the NTSC format.
3. If you are paying the discounted student entry fee rate, please send a scan of your student I.D. to email@example.com including the title of your film, name of the director, and Withoutabox tracking number in the body of the email.
4. More than one entry may be submitted; however an official entry form and entry fee must accompany each submission.
5. Entry fees are nonrefundable and may be paid in the form of Visa, MasterCard, or money order paid in U.S. dollars.
6. Please do not send printed promo materials with your film. Press kit info can be included in an WAB online submission.
7. If your submission is successful you will be informed by early February 2014. If your submission is unsuccessful you will be informed by email. Please note that Green Lens is unable to return your DVD submission unless accompanied by a self addressed & stamped mailing package or courier account details for return carriage.
I have read and agree to the following conditions:
1. Green Lens Environmental Film Festival has the right to use film submissions for promotional material.
2. Green Lens Environmental Film Festival has the right to screen this film more than once during the festival.
3. Green Lens Environmental Film Festival is not responsible for lost or damaged films.
4. If films are sent in via mail, they will not be returned. Do not send original copies.
5. More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and entry fee.
6. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Green Lens Environmental Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
7. Please note: because we are an environmental film festival, we strive to have sustainable practices. Do not send printed promo materials with your film. Press kit info can be included in your online submission.