Space Reservation / Request for More Information
All residence halls are facilities of Northern Illinois University’s Housing & Residential Services. Their use is subject to the regulations prescribed by Northern Illinois University. Requests are considered TENTATIVE until a confirmation email is received.
Students requesting use of space in the Holmes Student Center must visit the Holmes Student Center General Office to make their request and further discuss their contract details.
Student organizations requesting use of space should follow instructions and use forms provided by Student Involvement & Leadership development found on this page: http://www.niu.edu/studentinvolvement/forms-and-policies/index.shtml
*Please allow two business days response time.
- Reservations are open to all NIU departments.
- Room charges may apply. Notification will be given if charges are applicable to your group.
- Student organizations must be registered within Huskie Link and in good standing.
- Requests including catering, A/V or set-up must be submitted no less than 15 business days in advance for full consideration. Requests submitted less than 15 days in advance cannot be guaranteed.
- The following venues do not allow outside food or beverages:
- Altgeld Hall
- Barsema Alumni & Visitors Center
- Convocation Center
- Holmes Student Center
- All set-up requirements must be communicated to Events & Conference Services.
- Examples of standard room set-up