How To Apply
As an undergraduate student, you may apply to fund travel to a professional conference in your field, NIU study abroad programs, participation in a service-based experience that includes travel (such as an alternative break), or other student engagement activities. Your request must contain a strong defense as to how the grant will contribute to your academic and career success at NIU.
You are encouraged to apply early.
Funding and Expenses
If selected, students will receive up to $500 in funding. Eligible expenses include (but are not limited to):
- Conference registration fees
- Travel expenses (excluding local transportation; e.g.: travel in DeKalb County)
- Program costs (service-based experiences)
- Lodging associated with the travel experience)
- Per diem costs associated with the trip (e.g.: food)
You may only receive the travel grant once per academic year.
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.