Research Rookies Peer Mentors
Research Rookies peer mentors are meant to serve as guides and resources for first-year Research Rookies. Peer mentors are expected to nurture an unbiased, unprejudiced and open environment that will strengthen the social and professional support system and knowledge base of first-year Research Rookies.
Peer mentors are responsible for:
- Assisting with questions or concerns from small-group members
- Obtaining progress reports from small-group members
- Coordinating one group activity per month with small-group members
- Notifying OSEEL staff of any issues with small-group members
Peer mentors must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Have completed one year of Research Rookies
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with first-year students
- Be able to serve as a positive role model for first-year students
Apply to be a peer mentor!
Applications are now open for 2018-19 Peer mentors. Applications closed!
For more information about the role and responsibilities of a Research Rookies peer mentor, contact OSEEL at email@example.com.
Meet the 2017-2018 Peer Mentors
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Mentor: David Valentiner
Mentor" Linda Yasui
Mentor: Matthew Sprong
Mentor: Laurence Lurio
Geology and Chemistry
Mentor: Julia Ogg