- Funds are available for both faculty and student applicants.
- Student applicants must have an identified faculty or qualified staff mentor.
- Student-Faculty contract (DOC) required as a part of the student application.
- Faculty applicants must have a plan identified for selecting undergraduate students to assist with the identified project.
- All students must be selected and identified prior to fund disbursement
- All projects outcomes must be presented by the student at the Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day program at NIU in April.
- Final Project and Expense Report due upon completion of project.
- Students from *underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Faculty are encouraged to recruit students from *underrepresented populations.
*for the purpose of the READ grant, underrepresented is defined as African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander and Alaskan Native/American Indian.
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.