- Speak Up Get Help Just Act (NIU Bystander Education) Information
- Student Code of Conduct
- About Us
- e-Checkup To Go Alcohol
- e-Checkup To Go Marijuana
- Student Mediation Services
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs Departments
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- Office of Community Standards & Student Conduct
As a reminder, the Office of Community Standards & Student Conduct is only required to communicate with students electronically. (NIU email address) Students may receive a text message if a cellular telephone number is on file with MyNIU. All students are encouraged to update their information in MyNIU.
Office of Community Standards & Student Conduct Mission:
The Office of Community Standards & Student Conduct assists students, staff, and faculty to maintain an environment conducive to learning by promoting student engagement through learning, responsible behavior, healthy, critical decision making, and upholding our community standards.
What we do:
The Office of Community Standards & Student Conduct coordinates the University judicial system, which provides an opportunity to confront and resolve academic, residential, student conduct, and disciplinary conflicts.
Our Program Goals:
- Educate the university community stakeholders, including parents, future students, current students, local law enforcement, and alumni, about the student conduct system;
- Increase Alternative Dispute Resolution Services available to students;
- Incorporate new technology into the student conduct process
- Counseling, information, and referral for students
- Assistance to faculty and staff members