Organized in 1959 from fourteen departments, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences originally contained Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, English, Foreign Languages, History, Journalism, Library Science, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Social Sciences, and Speech.
In 1961, the Departments of Economics, Political Science, Sociology, and Anthropology replaced the Social Sciences Departments. Numerous other changes and transitions occurred in subsequent years.
Today, the Liberal Arts and Sciences College comprises the following departments:
Dean's OfficeGeneral Information
Phone 815-753-7953 Zulauf Hall 312
Advising Add/Drop Class, Enroll, Transfer, Withdraw, etc.
Phone 815-753-0114 Zulauf Hall 201